Flinders University’s reach extends beyond Adelaide.
1. Grab a local beer at the Tavern on a Friday evening and celebrate the end of a week watching the sunset over the ocean. A great chance to interact with staff and students in a relaxed environment with fantastic views.
2. Walk around the lake during a study or lunch break as a quick way to reenergise, explore the campus and enjoy nature.
3. Feed the ducks…..or be stalked until you do! Flinders is home to many wild ducks, some who are very friendly to Flinders staff, students and visitors, and some who are very pushy in their quest for lunch! Keep an eye out for them by the Plaza and lake.
4. Sit on a beanbag and watch a movie in the Plaza on the big screen.
5. Lose yourself in a good book on the top floor of the library, where you can find a secluded spot with views of the city.
6. Enjoy a burger and beer at the Tavern, by Burger Theory, the brain child of a Flinders University student.
7. Wander through the garden at Tonsley, complete with fog gently flowing from a tree stump.
8. The Science Innovation and Learning Centre (SILC building) has a very unique feature. The wall that faces the grass area was designed to be a ‘whispering wall’. Take a friend and have a go!
9. Attend a performance by our dance or drama students.
10. Visit Pendopo, the tangible symbol of the meeting between Australian and Indonesian people and cultures. It’s a place of hospitality where public concerts take place, Indonesian dignitaries are welcomed, postgraduate students meet, and a variety of music and dance ensembles rehearse.